Friday, March 23, 2018

Last Trip to California

We went down for my sister's wedding, and it was also our last trip to my childhood home since my parents are moving as a result of them transferring to Hawaii for my Dad's last 5 years before retiring.  I took all 3 kids on the airplane by myself, and I was so happy they behaved well and made the trip totally easy.




Mason's one request was to go to Fairytale Town while we were there. I'm glad he likes it; I have fun memories there.






We loved having the backyard to run around in, and cousins to play with.  I helped my mom a little with cleaning out and organizing some rooms before their big move. The cleaning resulted in us throwing out the cardboard fabric holder things; Mason decided they were better to play with and loved chopping them and Lindsay was brave enough to hold them because I wasn't.


We were lucky enough to be there for my youngest and last sister to receive her endowment and go through the temple.  It was a little tricky trying to figure a way for me to be there while having a 2 months old but luckily we got it figured out.


We did Jack's baby blessing while we were there and were so lucky to have such a great group of men able to bless our little boy.




For my sister, Wynne's, bachelorette party we had a girl's day where we got our nails done, massages, haircuts, and ate chinese food.  For the boy's bachelor's party they went fishing out in San Francisco, they were even able to catch some pretty impressive fish.



Wynne and Johnathan were married for time and all eternity March 17th.  We took pictures at the temple and then returned home for a lunch before the reception that evening.


We were praying all week for the weather to cooperate so my sister could have her reception outside but it didn't, so we had to go to plan B and set up the church gym.  I think it turned out really pretty and it seemed like everyone had a great time.



I loved being there and being able to see all of my siblings and a lot of my family that I haven't seen for a while.


It was sad leaving the house that I grew up in and all the memories we made there, but I know that wherever we are together is our home, and I can't wait to make more memories in the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment